Do you have a hard time communicating with your partner? Do you get stuck arguing in circles about the same issues, finally avoiding talking about them altogether? Are you in a good relationship, but want to make it even better?
The Seven Principles Couples Workshop will give you new insights and research-based relationship skills that can dramatically improve the intimacy and friendship in your relationship and help you resolve conflict in a healthy, productive way. This program is based upon the New York Times best seller, “The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work” by Dr. John Gottman, Ph.D.
Just like physical exercise requires consistent effort to build muscles, relationships don’t build themselves without daily intentional effort.
Even the best relationships, if regularly neglected, will start to deteriorate.
Take action now and sign up for a couples workshop to learn what you can do to strengthen your relationship!
Seven Principles Workshops are offered in either a full, two day session (The Works), or a mini one day session (Just the Highlights).
COUPLES WORKSHOPS IN ATLANTA
2022 WORKSHOP OFFERINGS:
THE WORKS: Full 2 Day Workshop
Saturday July 23rd and July 30th
9am-4:30pm each day
Early bird registration: $397 per couple
Sign up by June 23, 2022 to lock in this special rate!
Late Registration (after June 23rd): $497
JUST THE HIGHLIGHTS:
Mini 1 Day Workshop
Saturday Sept 17th or Saturday Oct 15th
Early Bird Registration: $247
Late Registration (Starts One Month Before Event Date) : $297
Space in each workshop is limited, so register now to guarantee your spot. Registration closes one week before the workshop. Register and pay online by clicking below.
WHAT HAPPENS IN OUR RELATIONSHIP WORKSHOPS?
This class combines teaching and demonstrations with one-on-one work sessions where you and your partner focus on your relationship with each other. Confidentiality is strictly maintained.
This is not group couples therapy! This course is educational in nature, and you will not be expected to share details of your relationship with the group.
*If you are dealing with emotional abuse, domestic violence, unwanted touch, or substance abuse, this class is not appropriate, and you should instead seek individual or couples therapy.
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO:
- Foster respect, affection and closeness
- Build and share a deeper connection with each other’s inner world
- Keep conflict discussions calm
- Break through and resolve conflict gridlock
- Strengthen and maintain the gains in your relationship
IS THIS COUPLES WORKSHOP FOR US?
The Gottman Seven Principles Program is designed for all couples in a committed relationship, including:
- Married couples
- Pre-engaged couples (those considering marriage)
- Engaged or Premarital couples (those taking steps towards marriage)
- Every phase of relationships, from newlyweds to senior couples
- Those who wish to enhance an already “good” marriage or relationship
- Those needing better conflict management tools
- Those considering couples therapy but who are not “ready” for weekly therapy yet
- Those who want to supplement their couples therapy work
- People of all backgrounds, ages, Faiths, sexual orientations and relationship arrangements.
THE PRICE FOR OUR COUPLES WORKSHOP IN ATLANTA INCLUDES:
- The Seven Principles of Making Marriage WorkBook
- Two Couples Workbooks
- “Love Map” Card Deck
- “Open Ended Questions” card deck.
- 12 hours of engaging content in The Works Full Workshop (6 hours in the Mini Workshop)
- Liz and Cari, both Licensed Therapists, will be available to give you personal support and guidance as needed.
- Refreshments and light snacks will be provided. Please feel free to bring your own snacks and drinks as well. Lunch will be on your own, with many restaurants nearby.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Liz Fava, LPC, is the presenter and event organizer, and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the cancellation policy?
If a cancellation is made on or before the Early Bird Registration deadline, a full refund minus a $75 processing fee will be given. If your cancellation occurs after the Early Registration deadline, your registration will be converted to a credit, good for a full year, that can be applied to future workshops.
Do I have to talk in this class?
Absolutely not! Although the presenters will ask questions of the audience, and will encourage active participation, this is entirely up to you! If you just want to sit back, learn, and participate in the private exercises with your partner, you are welcome to do so. Also, since this is NOT couples therapy, you will not be encouraged to share your specific relationship concerns with the group.
Must both partners attend or can I come alone?
Where is the workshop located?
Fava Counseling Associates
4840 Roswell Rd., Suite C202
Sandy Springs, GA 30342
What about parking?
Who is Liz Fava?
The presenter, Liz Fava, LPC, is an expert relationship counselor and trained Gottman Couples Therapist. She has been intensively trained in all 3 levels of the Gottman Couples Therapy Method. She has also been trained in the PREPARE-ENRICH model of premarital counseling. Liz is an authorized Gottman Seven Principles Program Educator and currently provides Gottman-Method couples counseling to couples from all backgrounds in her private counseling practice located in Sandy Springs, GA.
Who is Cari Wainio?
The presenter, Cari Wainio, is a Licensed Professional Counselor and trained couples therapist. She has trained in Level 1 of Gottman Couples Therapy, and is an authorized Gottman Seven Principles Program Educator. Cari currently sees individuals, couples, families, and adolescents in her private counseling practice located in Sandy Springs, GA.
Other questions? Contact us today for more information.